Monday, September 7, 2015

Review - theBalm Nude Dude Palette & Mary Lou Manizer

The best thing is to look natural, but it takes makeup to look natural. - Calvin Klein

I had been eyeing the The Balm's Nude Dude since I saw it in stores but found the price tag a little steep for a eyeshadow palette. So I waited for discounts at SASA (beauty product store in Singapore) for good deals. My wishes were answered when there was a member's discount and a further birthday month discount so I took the opportunity to grab a palette. 


























The design of the palette is cheeky and fun. I love the sexy pin up lady on the cover. 


























When you open up the palette, you are either going to be it's tacky or cheeky. I don't mind the design as I feel it goes well with the earlier Nude 'tude palette with the pinup girls. Let's just focus on the colours of the palette, they are so pretty! There are 12 different shades which can be used for a both day time and night time looks. I love how some shades have a rose gold effect. It also comes with a eyeshadow brush. 


























These are some of the shades I have swatched on my arm. I just love almost all the colours and have been trying different looks using the shades.

Another item that I picked up using the discount was the Mary-Lou manizer. This is a beautiful highlighter shade that can be used on different parts of face. I love using this on my cheekbones and it gives a fresh look. I like that it does not have too much shimmer, its got the right amount to ensure I don't look like a disco ball. 


I am loving what I have got from my purchases from theBalm. 

Have you used either one of these products? What are you thoughts? 

Love,
Issy



No comments: